Time: June 10, 2010 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Location: The Walt Disney Studios
Street: 500 Buena Vista Street
City/Town: Burbank, CA 91521
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f…
Event Type: networking, panel, film, games
Organized By: IGDA-LA
Latest Activity: Jun 7, 2010
If you plan to be in the Southern California area this week, please join us at the IGDA-LA event on Thursday, June 10th. Jeannie Novak will be moderating a panel at Walt Disney Studios focusing on film-game convergence.
IGDA-LA now holds regular meetings on the second Thursday of each month to explore current industry topics, help you connect with professional peers, and foster the advancement of the game industry. Events are free and open to the public.
**RSVPs are required for this event. You must register at the following link in order for your name to be included on the list that will be provided to the guard at the studio lot: http://igdala-june2010.eventbrite.com/
Panel Topic for June
Hollywood & Games: The Return
Join film and game development elites for a night to remember! An expert panel will discuss Hollywood and games, past and present – along with a quick peek into the future. Games have enhanced Hollywood storylines, character development, and dramatic elements through player interaction, immersion . . . and achievement points. This is your chance to hear industry luminaries discuss the biggest and loudest marriage of them all – in the comfort of yet another IGDA-LA monthly meeting!
Topics covered include:
* Evolution of film-based games as products in their own right rather than ancillary marketing materials
* Simultaneous production of games and films, creating an interrelated development cycle
* Games as an enhancement of associated films rather than merely retelling the pre-existing storylines
* Rise of new game modes allowing players to create their own adventures based on their favorite films
* Danny Bilson - Executive Vice President, Core Games - THQ, Inc. ( James Bond, Harry Potter franchises; Consulting Producer, The Sims; Screenwriter, The Rocketeer and Trancers feature films)
* John Blackburn - Vice President & General Manager, Avalanche Software - Disney Interactive (Toy Story 3, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little)
* Ed Del Castillo - President & Co-Founder, Liquid Entertainment (Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, Star Wars: Empire at War, Spider-Man: The Movie)
* John Vignocchi - Director of Development, Disney Interactive (Pirates of the Caribbean; Tron)
Save your appetite! Appetizers, dinner, and dessert will be served - compliments of Disney Interactive!
Parking & Main Theatre Access:
* Enter the studio lot from Buena Vista Gate [exit off 101 Fwy on Buena Vista]
* Give your name to the Buena Vista Security Guard Gate, who will direct you to the parking area and theatre. NOTE: You will not be allowed onto the studio lot unless you RSVP at http://igdala-june2010.eventbrite.com/ prior to 6pm Pacific on Tuesday, June 8th. The guard will have all names on a list.
* After parking, walk to the Main Theatre [corner of Dopey Drive/Mickey Avenue, across from the Old Animation Building]
* Admission is free, but all guests must register to ensure that their names appear on the studio lot list. If you would like to invite others, please send them the following link: http://igdala-june2010.eventbrite.com/